After looking at the candy, Jacob said, "Bradlee, I have red hoots too!" We call them red hots! Sarah figured out the whole trick or treating thing pretty quick - "I want trick or treat!" Jacob is teaching himself about 6 hymns right now, just by ear. Yes, we're getting him lessons. He wrote a book at school ( they write little books every day) called Space. It went something like this, "The planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto. My daddy is building something to go to Mars." He tried to convince us to ask the Bishop to have him (Jacob) talk in church. Jacob was disappointed that that isn't the way it works - the Bishop asks you! Jacob is constantly organizing football games in our backyard and basketball games in the basement with neighborhood kids. They play tackle football - it's hilarious.
One pair of pjs all day is no longer enough for Bradlee. He frequently goes to bed with 3 or 4 pairs of pajama pants on. He says, "If you wear 6 or 7 pairs of underwear, then you're a superhero!" After I caught him mixing lotion and baby wash and smearing it all over the bathroom wall, I asked him why he did it. He said, "I like to do what you don't say." At least he's honest. Bradlee has found at least 3 caterpillars this year, and his preschool was collecting them so we took them there. The last one he found, he said, "Don't tell Ms. Martin (his teacher) I found this! I'm gonna keep it!" He loves pet bugs. Guess he gets that interesting character trait from his Gma Sonna. Bradlee loves preschool while he's there, but he absolutely hates getting there. He fights us and complains all the way there. He and Brandon were at the door to go into preschool and Bradlee said, " I don't want to go in - it's too fun in there." It's hard to argue with that! He also "nursed" his stuffed animal for about 15 minutes the other day.
Sarah loves to climb in Samuel's crib now. Great. She says very good prayers and insists on praying for Pres. Monson by name. She went potty in the potty once last week, but we're not necessarily training her yet. She just talks all the time, has her own strong opinions about things, and loves her baby brother so much. She'll come over and wipe his face when he pukes. She's a great big sister.
Brandon got called to the High Council last Sunday. It might end up being less time than the Stake Young Men's, but it will all be compacted on Sunday, so that's a good thing. He loves his job and really enjoys the great people he works with. I am totally changing. I once was very anal about my housework, but now the dishes don't get done until 2pm the next day and the laundry rarely gets all folded and put away before I have to start washing again. You know, I'd just rather hold my sweet baby and play outside with my kids with my newfound energy and health. We're happy and very blessed and glad to give back in the ways we can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't you love the things kids come up with?!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are doing great. The house looks lovely, and Samuel is HUGE!
Not too much new and exciting here... basically just the same as you guys. School, adventures in the neighbourhood, and church.
Benjamin got called a while back to be the executive sec. in our ward so that keeps him super busy. I just got called a week ago to be a Seminary teacher, so I'm pretty excited about that, but not so much about getting up at 4:30 every morning.
Happy Halloween.